ALMUJTAMAE: Journal of Community Service is a scientific journal published by the Faculty of Islamic Economics, Djuanda University, Bogor. The publication of this journal aims to disseminate conceptual thoughts or ideas and the results of community service that have been achieved in the economy.
ALMUJTAMAE: Journal of Community Service is available since April 1, 2021 or since the publication of Volume 1 Number 1 of 2021. This journal has been indexed on Google Scholar. The editor of ALMUJTAMAE invites you to submit your manuscript for publication in this journal. An example of an article writing format is HERE.
How to Write the Author's Title, Name and Address
The title of the manuscript should be written at the top of the first page centered on the text. Meanwhile, the author's name (without an academic degree), and the author's affiliation address, must be written in centered text also below the article title. Authors must provide two spaces between the title and the author's name. Then, the space between the author's affiliation address and the abstract title is one space. Keywords should be listed below the overall abstract for all words. They must be arranged in alphabetical order and separated by semicolons a maximum of three to five words. In addition, the title of the article written in Indonesian must also be written in English (see the example above).
The author in charge, the correspondent author, or the correspondent author must be written first and then followed by the second, third, and so on. Communication regarding the revision of the article and the final statement will be informed via email to the correspondent author only. If there is more than one author, the author's name is written separated by a comma (,). If the author's name consists of at least two words, the first name should not be abbreviated. If the author's name is only one word, it should be written as is. However, in the online version it will be written in two words with the same name repeatedly for metadata indexing purposes. (Camdali and Tunc, 2006; Fridman, 2008).
General Guidelines for Manuscripts
The general guidelines for the manuscript are as follows:
- The manuscript is the result of dedication that has never been published in any other publication or publisher.
- The manuscript does not contain elements of plagiarism. Editors will immediately reject texts that indicate plagiarism.
- The submission and publication process is free, at no additional cost.
- Manuscripts that have been written with the ALMUJTAMAE guidelines (in MS Word format, use this article template) must be submitted via the Online Submission System using the Open Journal System (OJS) on the OJS Journal ALMUJTAMAE portal (https://ojs.unida.ac.id/almujtamae ) select only one procedure. Then, register as one of the authors or reviewers at the bottom of “Register”.
- Manuscript article writing guidelines and templates can be downloaded. Article writing templates and guidelines are available in MS Word (.doc) format.
- Manuscripts for online submissions can be found in the online submission guidelines section below.
- Manuscripts that do not comply with the ALMUJTAMAE writing guidelines will be returned to the author prior to the review process.
- Manuscripts must contain several aspects of scientific articles as follows: (subtitles in order), namely: (a) article title, (b) author's name (without academic degree), (c) author's affiliation address, (d) author's email (e) abstract and keywords, (f) introduction, (g) implementation method (h), results and discussion (i), conclusion (j), references.
- The subtitles contained in the discussion section (Introduction, Implementation Method, Results and Discussion, and Conclusions) must be numbered in Arabic starting from one. Subtitles are written in bold and capital letters. It uses left text alignment without underline. Subsequent expanded subtitles must be in bold and uppercase, using left-aligned text and second-level numbering formats.
- Manuscripts can be written in both Indonesian and English with the standard language. Manuscripts must consist of fifteen (15) to twenty-five (25) pages including figures and tables. Script text should be written as this article template in camera ready mode. Articles are written on A4 size paper (210x297 mm), with the following special margins: 25 mm left, 20 mm right, 20 mm below and 30 mm above.
- Article text must be in Cambria, 12pt font size, 1.15 line spacing.
- Words from a foreign language or foreign language are expressed in italics. For articles in Indonesian, foreign terms or words should be avoided. Each paragraph starts 10mm from the left side border while there is no space between paragraphs. All numbers are written in Arabic numbering format, except for new sentences.
- Tables and figures are placed in text groups after the table or figure to which they are referenced. Each image must be captioned (Image Caption) below the image and numbered in Arabic numbering format followed by the image title. Each table must be given a table title (Table Description) and numbered in Arabic numbering format above the table followed by the table title. Image attachments must be guaranteed to be printed properly (font size, resolution and line spacing are clearly visible). Figures, tables, and charts should be centered between groups of text. If it has a larger size, it can be placed in the center of the page. Tables should not contain vertical lines, while horizontal lines are only allowed for important points.
Text Body Manuscript Guidelines
Manuscript title: The title should be informative and be written briefly and clearly. Cannot have multiple interpretations. Must be precise with the problem to be discussed. The initial word is written in capital letters and is symmetrical. Article titles do not contain unusual abbreviations. The main idea should be written down first and followed by an explanation. The title of the article must be written in twelve words, 14pt font size, in bold and in centered text format. While the abstract must be written in a maximum of 250 words and followed by three to five keywords.
Introduction: The introduction contains an explanation of the problems, challenges, or needs of the community (partners) that underlie or inspire the implementation of community service activities, objectives, and results of the literature review. Authors are required to present a literature review that is primary (references to journal articles and conference proceedings) and up-to-date (references published within the last 10 years). Literature review is not limited to theory, but also empirical evidence. Enrich this introductory part with efforts that have been made by other parties. Problems, goals of service, and references are written in a narrative manner in paragraphs, no special subtitles are needed.
Methods: Methods applied to solve problems, including analytical methods. The methods used in solving research problems are described in this section.
Results and Discussion: The results and discussion contain the exposure and topics raised. The results of the service are described first, followed by the discussion section. Results and discussion subtitles are presented separately. This section must be the most part, a minimum of 60% of the entire manuscript of the article. Each outcome must be discussed and supported by adequate data. The discussion contains the answers stated previously in the introduction section and can be completed with tables, graphs (pictures), and/or charts.
Conclusion: The conclusion must be able to answer the question of devotion. Conclusions are not just repeating data, but in the form of substance of meaning. Conclusions can be in the form of statements about what is expected, as stated in the "Introduction" chapter which can finally produce a "Results and Discussion" chapter so that there is compatibility. Conclusions can also be in the form of recommendations for next steps. In addition, it can be in the form of input for the next researcher, it can also be a recommendation on the implications of the service findings (based on the results and discussion).
References: All references used in the article should be listed in this section. In this section, all references used must be taken from primary sources (scientific journals and at least 80% of all references) published in the last ten years. Each article must have at least ten references.
Quotation and Reference Guidelines
The author must cite several articles from ALMUJTAMAE. All data or citations presented in articles taken from articles by other authors must attach a reference source. Referrals should use a reference management application such as Mendeley, End Note, or Zotero. The writing format used in ALMUJTAMAE follows the format adopted by the APA 6th Edition (American Psychological Association).
Literature Review Guidelines
The literature review should use an application management reference such as Mendeley, End Note, or Zotero. The writing format used in ALMUJTAMAE follows the format adopted by the APA 6th Edition (American Psychological Association).
Online Manuscript Submission Guidelines
Manuscripts must be submitted by one of two systems (first procedure is preferred):
1. Documents must be submitted via the Online Submission System on the ALMUJTAMAE (ojs) portal HERE.
2. First, the author must register as an author or reviewer (check the role as an author or reviewer) in the "Register"
3. After the registration step is complete, log in as an author, click "New Submission". The article submission stage consists of five stages, namely: (1). Start, (2). Upload Documents, (3). Enter Metadata, (4). Upload Supplementary Files, (5). Confirmation.
4. In the "Start" column, select Journal Section (Full Article), tick all the checklists.
5. In the “Upload Submission” column, upload the manuscript file in MSWord format in this column.
6. In the "Enter Metadata" column, fill in all the author and affiliation data. Includes Journal Title, Abstract and Indexing Keywords.
7. In the “Upload Supplementary Files” column, authors are allowed to upload additional files, statement letters, or others.
8. In the “Confirm” column, if the data you have entered are correct, then click “Finish Submission”.
9. If the author has difficulty in the submission process through the online system, please contact the ALMUJTAMAE editorial team at firstname.lastname@example.org